On a cold Jersey Shore winter day, I went to Frye Brewing in Point Pleasant Boro. It’s been open for about a year and a half and it was about time I check it out!
It has a nice-sized space on Bridge Ave. Besides the friendly bar there are several picnic tables to accommodate any groups. It would be a nice stop when you’re leaving the Pt Pleasant beach in the summer.
At the time of my visit, in January 2019, there are 12 beers on tap and here are the ones that I’ve tried:
- Bay-to-Bridge Imperial Red: A collaboration with their neighbors at Last Wave, it’s a strong (9%) red ale, with plenty of malty aromas, but still pretty smooth.
- Fireside Imperial Brown Ale: Another nice imperial ale at 8%, with winter-ish malty flavors, probably the closest to a Belgian ale that they had.
- Nuth’r IPA: This was my favorite at Frye. A traditional 7% New England IPA with just the perfect mix of hops.
- Winter Warmer: It is exactly what it says. A sweeter winter ale to warm you up during the cold months. It has a cinnamon aroma and a bit of a kick at 6%.
- Falcon Heavy: A lighter New England style IPA (5.9%), with nice flavors from the Citra hops. If the name sounds familiar, it is inspired by SpaceX’s booster rocket (as it is even stated on the menu).
Besides these ones, Frye had a variety of mostly ale-style beers, that I’ll have to try on another visit. They had a few cans for sale (mostly older brews that were not available for sampling), and everything else was available in growlers or mini-crowlers (the one I got looked liked a taller regular can, not the usual “fat” cans).
Now I can’t wait to go to the beach, to find another excuse to come here. I wish that by summer time they add a few more hoppy beers, including IPAs.
If you’re looking to rent a house at the shore, check out ShoreVacations.com, Jersey Shore’s biggest vacation rentals resource. It lists hundreds of rental homes and condos from Sandy Hook all the way down to Cape May (including Belmar, Point Pleasant, Seaside Heights, Ocean City, Long Beach Island, Atlantic City or the Wildwoods). It’s a one-stop website for planning your Jersey Shore vacation, featuring beach information, weather updates and more! And of course, it has a full list of all the Jersey Shore events this year.