Jughandle Brewing opened in Tinton Falls in 2016 and has been expanding its beer offerings ever since. It’s located in between the Parkway and Asbury Park / Ocean Grove so it’s very close to many of our beaches. It is also close to the Jersey Shore Premium Outlets, so the guys can make a quick visit while the ladies are shopping!
The location, in a strip mall with several eateries around it, is quite big with several long tables and a nice “background” of the manufacturing facilities. I also liked the designs associated with their beers.
So here are a few thoughts about the beers I tried on my visit in the summer of 2018:
- Pacifically Speaking: Very smooth West-Coast IPA. Even at 7.3% it felt refreshing, one of my favorites!
- 4057: Extremely good double IPA (8.2%), with light tropical flavors.
- Threeve: Another good double IPA, quite different from the previous one. It’s hazier (which I like) and you can feel the strong taste of Denali hops.
- Hopshorne Mosaic: A 7.2% New England-style IPA, which somehow felt quite bland
- Hibiscus Belgian Blonde: Too bad they didn’t have the regular Belgian, as the fruity flavor of this one felt a bit weird.
Overall I enjoyed the Jughandle brewery… Good beers, very convenient location for me, nice atmosphere, friendly bartenders. Will definitely go back.
If you’re looking to rent a house at the shore, check out ShoreVacations.com, Jersey Shore’s biggest vacation rentals resource. It lists hundreds of rental homes and condos from Sandy Hook all the way down to Cape May (including Belmar, Point Pleasant, Seaside Heights, Ocean City, Long Beach Island, Atlantic City or the Wildwoods). It’s a one-stop website for planning your Jersey Shore vacation, featuring beach information, weather updates and more! And of course, it has a full list of all the Jersey Shore events this year.