Six Flags Great Adventure’s annual holiday extravaganza – Holiday in the Park – debuts at the world’s largest theme park in Jackson, NJ on November 21 and runs weekends and select days through January 3, 2016. More than a million glittering lights, dazzling holiday entertainment, delicious seasonal treats, Santa’s village and many popular rides will magically transform the summer thrill destination into a winter wonderland, and is included with all Season Passes and active Memberships.
Holiday in the Park provides an escape from the hustle and bustle of the shopping rush, and a way for guests to create their own magical, memorable holiday moments. A visual feast awaits just inside the gates throughout 10 newly-themed areas of the park.
“Holiday in the Park will be a winter spectacular on every family’s must-do list,” said Six Flags Great Adventure President John Fitzgerald. “We have invested years of research into making this the most incredible and immersive seasonal experience it can be, combining holiday traditions with thrills that are uniquely Six Flags.”
- Holiday Magic: A Celebration of the Season ─ Spectacular light show on a 52-foot-tall tree in the heart of the park that dazzles nightly every 30 minutes through eye-popping effects and classic holiday music
- Jack Frost’s Magical Christmas ─ Jack Frost’s evil plot to steal Christmas is reversed by the warmth and magic of the holiday season in this live stage show filled with acrobatics, illusions and surprise guests
- Gingerbread Junction ─ Features peppermint swirl-wrapped trees, dancing lights around the carousel pavilion, the Gumdrop Hop dance party and a giant gingerbread man towering above
- Joy to the World ─ Tranquil pathway of lit trees, luminaries and stained glass showcasing religious holidays from around the world
- North Pole ─ Guests are welcomed into the warmth of Santa’s home for a meet-and-greet and holiday photos by Kodak, plus kids can write letters to Santa, meet a reindeer and build a stuffed toy
- Poinsettia Peak ─ Skull Mountain roller coaster has been transformed into a mountain of dazzling red lights with a crimson beauty, the Poinsettia Princess, greeting guests nearby
- Treetop Summit ─ Parachute Tower transforms into one of the world’s tallest light trees
- Polar Point ─ Stunning, ice-blue trees twinkle with the illusion of falling snow up above, while the towering, larger-than-life Snow Queen meets guests below
- Storytime with Mrs. Claus ─ Kids can hear one of Santa’s favorite stories in Whimsical Wonderland
- Holiday Memories ─ Green, red and gold brighten this section filled with special photo opportunities like Mistletoe Moments, Wishing Tree and With Love giant greeting card, while nearby the Jingle Jammers sing holiday tunes by the fire pits as guests toast s’mores
- Stewie the Snowman ─ Guests can pass through a jolly, three-story inflatable in Snowman City
The sweet and savory tastes of the holiday season can be found throughout the park. Spiked egg nog, holiday-flavored coffee and hot chocolate, peppermint and mocha fudge, holiday beers, festive funnel cakes with peppermint eggnog and caramel pecan bacon toppings, specialty holiday platters of sliced turkey, smoked turkey leg and chicken platters with cranberry sauce, chili bowls, harvest salads and flatbreads and hot soups will be available in various restaurants.
Holiday in the Park also features nearly 30 thrilling rides such as SkyScreamer, Carousel, Big Wheel and Tea Cups. Children can enjoy 11 pint-sized thrills in Whimsical Wonderland. Coaster fans can challenge world-class rides like Nitro, BATMAN™: The Ride, THE GREEN LANTERN and SUPERMAN – Ultimate Flight, THE DARK KNIGHT Coaster and Poinsettia Peak. All rides and entertainment are weather permitting. Frontier Adventures including Safari Off Road Adventure, Bugs Bunny National Park and Plaza del Carnaval will not operate during the festival.
The festival kicks off with two special events Sunday, Nov. 22. The morning begins with the park’s first Santa Run 5K race at 11 a.m., and an Elf Run 1K for kids that includes a meet-and-greet with Santa at noon. Tickets and registration are available online. The Holiday Express band will perform from 5 to 7 p.m. free with park admission. Holiday Express is comprised of 1,700 volunteers including more than 100 professional musicians and delivers music, food, gifts, financial support and friendship to those in need during the holiday season.
More information about Holiday in the Park is available at www.sixflags.com/greatadventure.
If you’re looking to rent a house at the shore, check out ShoreVacations.com, Jersey Shore’s biggest vacation rentals resource. It lists hundreds of rental homes and condos from Sandy Hook all the way down to Cape May (including Belmar, Point Pleasant, Seaside Heights, Ocean City, Long Beach Island, Atlantic City or the Wildwoods). It’s a one-stop website for planning your Jersey Shore vacation, featuring beach information, weather updates and more! And of course, it has a full list of all the Jersey Shore events this year.