These are some of the best events at the Jersey Shore on this upcoming weekend, June 7-8, 2014.
First, Saturday‘s events:
- Asbury Park Blues & Brews Festival. FREE festival in Bradley Park, 12-8pm. Live music, food vendors, beer garden, crafts, children activities, fun for all ages!
- Summerfest in the Park. Celebrate the arrival of summer by enjoying a wide variety of vendors, food, entertainment, and fun. 11am-7pm in Community Park in Point Pleasant
- Privateers & Pirate Festival at the Tuckerton Seaport. Learn the difference between privateers and pirates and then be one. Pirate history, authentic and make believe plus a treasure scavenger hunt, games and a duel. Live band, Grog Garden and tasty food vendors.
- Trace Adkins at Harrah’s in Atlantic City, 9pm, Tickets Starting @ $65
And for some sports events:
- Saturday: Ocean City Police Chase. 5k footrace/2 mile fitness walk on the Ocean City boardwalk. Proceeds benefit the Ocean City PBA
- Sunday: Escape The Cape Triathlon. The 2nd Annual Escape The Cape Triathlon will be held in Cape May on the Delaware Bay. Includes: Sprint, International & Aquabike. New to 2014, we will be offering a Kids Race the day before
- Saturday/Sunday: Endless SUP Race-WPA Regional Championships in Belmar. See paddle boarders compete from Hawaii, California and Florida and many other states including NJ. Many different compeitiions, clinics, lessons, yoga, board demos. June 7 event off L Street Beach, Shark River. June 8 events off ocean beach at 4th Ave
Then, two more exciting events early next week:
- Tuesday: Dave Matthews Band. 7pm at the PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel
- Wednesday: Jersey Shore Fashion Show. Jersey Shore’s premiere summer fashion show returns to Bar Anticipation in Lake Como on June 11, from 6pm. Come see the hottest fashions from the Jersey Shore’s boutiques, represented by all local models. Tickets $20
If you’re looking to rent a house at the shore, check out ShoreVacations.com, Jersey Shore’s biggest vacation rentals resource. It lists hundreds of rental homes and condos from Sandy Hook all the way down to Cape May (including Belmar, Point Pleasant, Seaside Heights, Ocean City, Long Beach Island, Atlantic City or the Wildwoods). It’s a one-stop website for planning your Jersey Shore vacation, featuring beach information, weather updates and more! And of course, it has a full list of all the Jersey Shore events this year