It’s been a hot summer so far, and our beaches seem to be busier than ever! Since we expect you to be at the Jersey Shore this time of the year, here are some of the events you can attend.
First, a few shows:
- Friday: YES at Tropicana in AC, from 8pm. Special guests Procol Harum
- Friday: Nickelback at Revel in AC, from 6:45pm
- Saturday: Saturday Stand-Up at The ShowRoom in Asbury Park. New comedy show coming to The ShowRoom, 10pm
On Wednesday it’s Kids Day at the Emlen Physick Estate in Cape May. Learn what life was like more than 100 years ago from the parlor to the playroom on a tour of the Estate and tromp around the grounds of the estate, covered in tents filled with fun activities like dress-up, hat-making, singing, storytelling, face painting, Victorian games, Teddy Bear Tea Parties and more. 10am-3pm, $5 for kids, free for adults.
- Wednesday: Sand Sculpting Contest at 9am at the 6th St. Beach – the first one of the season
- Thursday: Freckle Contest at 6:30pm at the Music Pier. Registration begins 6pm
Thursday and Friday it’s the Wings ‘n Water Festival at the Wetlands Institute in Stone Harbor, a family fun “Celebration of the Coast”. You can meet nationally acclaimed artists, carvers, quilters, crafters and photographers.
Saturday we have two exciting sports events:
- Belmar 5, the annual 5-mile run around Belmar, starting 8:30am from the Taylor Pavilion on Ocean Ave
- Boogie Board Races in North Wildwood: Wave riding competition for boys & girls ages 5-18 yrs.; 15th & Beach; 9:00am Registration; 10:00am Contest; Prizes; Must provide own board; FREE
Saturday-Sunday it’s the Bradley Beach Lobsterfest on the Boardwalk @ 5th Ave Pavilion. There will be lots of broiled lobster, lobster mac and cheese, lobster rolls etc. Also 6 bands, live emcee/DJ playing requests, over 100 craft and specialty vendors, two huge beer & wine gardens, a giant waterslide and childrens activities.
Friday-Sunday, North Wildwood hosts the huge NJ State BBQ Championship & Anglesea Blues Festival. You can enjoy mouthwatering barbecue and fantastic live blues music, on 2nd & Olde New Jersey Ave. There will be food, vendors, entertainment & refreshments.
Finally, on Monday it’s the Al Cunard Baby Parade. Dress up your beautiful babies and children for this Stone Harbor Tradition. Parade goes down 96th St and begins at 6:30pm.
If you’re looking to rent a house at the shore, check out ShoreVacations.com, Jersey Shore’s biggest vacation rentals resource. It lists hundreds of rental homes and condos from Sandy Hook all the way down to Cape May (including Belmar, Point Pleasant, Seaside Heights, Ocean City, Long Beach Island, Atlantic City or the Wildwoods). It’s a one-stop website for planning your Jersey Shore vacation, featuring beach information, weather updates and more! And of course, it has a full list of all the Jersey Shore events this year.