Finally summer is almost here! The weather seems to start looking better so we hope we’ll be able to fully enjoy the 2019 Memorial Day Weekend here at the Jersey Shore! Here are a few fun events you can explore during the holiday weekend:
- Kick-Off the Summer with New York’s Country 94.7 at the Headliner in Neptune! Friday, May 24, 2019, start your weekend celebrations at the FREE show with performances by Russell Dickerson, Matt Stell and Jessica Rose, between 10am-3pm.
- If you’re down in Ocean City, watch (or participate in) the Unlocking of the Ocean and Business Persons Plunge. Participants dress in business suits, carry brief cases and march into the ocean to the strains of Pomp and Circumstance to welcome the new season. Happens by Moorlyn Terrace on Friday at Noon.
- Saturday morning it’s the Spring Lake 5-Mile Run. A fast USATF certified course, biggest 5-miler in New Jersey with thousands of people running along the ocean.
- Also Saturday, it’s Survivor Stone Harbor: Beach Opening Ceremony. Stone Harbor beach patrol, police, fire & rescue compete in a set of challenges for a chance to officially unlock the beaches, starting 12pm at the 95th St Beach.
- The Seaport Craft Show takes place at Huddy Park in Highlands, 10am-4pm on Sunday. There will be delightful collections of various handmade crafts from more than 50 crafters and artisans.
And not for some weekend-long events:
- The Wildwoods International Kite Festival takes place on the Beach at Rio Grande Avenue and inside the Wildwoods Convention Center. It’s America’s largest kite festival, featuring world-renowned kite builders and competitors, kite making workshops and exhibits, indoors competition and childrens activities. Events begin on Friday night at 9 pm with an Illuminated night kite fly, and runs through Monday.
- Bradley Beach hosts its Memorial Weekend Celebration, with 6 bands and emcee/DJ playing requests, over 180 craft and specialty vendors, 25 food vendors with something for everyone, great oceanfront location, children’s activities including water slide, rides, face painters and sand art. Saturday’s Memorial Day Parade starts at 10 am and the celebrations last until Monday.
- Finally, check out Downtown Wildwood’s Inaugural Bacon Lovers Festival. An entire NEW event for Bacon lovers with food trucks & local tent vendors, artisan & bacon related vendors, DJ & live bands. There will be FREE family & kids activities (to include but not limited to corn hole, kan jam, lawn jenga, connect four, face painting). Also, wine and craft beer tasting and sales in garden/tent area, as well as a bacon eating contest on Sunday.
If you’re looking to rent a house at the shore, check out ShoreVacations.com, Jersey Shore’s biggest vacation rentals resource. It lists hundreds of rental homes and condos from Sandy Hook all the way down to Cape May (including Belmar, Point Pleasant, Seaside Heights, Ocean City, Long Beach Island, Atlantic City or the Wildwoods). It’s a one-stop website for planning your Jersey Shore vacation, featuring beach information, weather updates and more! And of course, it has a full list of all the Jersey Shore events this year.