New ‘Hell Fest’ Maze Themed after the Upcoming Horror Movie Among this Year’s Highlights
Six Flags Great Adventure, the World’s Ultimate Thrill Park, will debut its biggest and scariest Fright Fest® in park history in 2018. The Northeast’s Largest Halloween party runs weekends and select days September 15 through October 31 featuring more than 25 Halloween-themed shows and attractions, including the terrifying Hell Fest maze based on the new horror movie, Hell Fest, in theaters this fall. The scare factor continues to ramp up with newly-themed haunted houses, a heart-pounding new show, and the 20th season of the park’s iconic, live, stage spectacular – Dead Man’s Party.
Guests can enjoy Thrills By Day with all of their favorite rides and family-friendly entertainment; but after the sun sets, it’s Fright By Night with terrifying mazes, blood-curdling scare zones, spooktacular shows and monstrous rides in the dark.
One of this year’s stunning new mazes, Hell Fest, will depict scenes straight from the movie including:
- The Mausoleum, an increasingly narrow corridor that forces guests to feel the touch of death;
- The Mask Room, a haunting room filled with floating white faces that could spring to life when visitors least expect it;
- The Doll Room, filled with dolls straight out of the worst nightmares; and
- The Torture Chamber, where the bodies of the disassembled, dissected and disemboweled wish to share their horrific ending.
Room by room, guests must find their way out, or risk being trapped by “The Other,” the movie’s deranged antagonist.
Also new this season:
- Fears – Guests become immersed in the most paralyzing phobias and living nightmares, from creepy, crawly spiders to cramped spaces, from popping balloons to squirting blood. Can guests fight their fears and make it to the end without crumbling? Fee required.
- Blood Drums – Driving techno beats and live drums mix with rhythmic power tools and fire artistry to create a unique, pulse-pounding percussion show. Included with park admission.
- Reflections of the Dead – Guests come face-to-face with themselves as they desperately try to escape this modern-day mirror maze holding spirits from beyond the grave. This labyrinth of mystery and mayhem includes glowing LED lights, vanishing images, and confusion around every corner. Begins Sept. 28, fee required.
- Dead Man’s Party’s 20th Season – Celebrate the spectacular 20th season of Dr. Fright’s annual, iconic song-and-dance bash. This rock concert-meets-Broadway-style live show will feature new music, eye-popping special effects including lasers and pyrotechnics, a dynamic cast and all-new choreography by renowned dancer/choreographer Theresa Stone. Included with park admission.
In addition to the new frights, classic family favorites will return by popular demand:
- Trick-or-Treat Trail
- Professor Slithers’ Creepy Critters
- Spooky Kooky Magic Show
After 6 pm when the park takes a very dark turn, guests can expect their Halloween favorites like:
- The Arrival ghoul parade
- The Awakening
- Cell Block 6
- Demon District
All “monstertainment” shows, scare zones, Safari Off Road Adventure and world-class thrill rides are included with park admission, Season Pass and active Membership. Eight haunted mazes require an additional fee. Fright By Night is not recommended for children under 12 and those who scare easily.
For more information, visit www.sixflags.com/greatadventure
If you’re looking to rent a house at the shore, check out ShoreVacations.com, Jersey Shore’s biggest vacation rentals resource. It lists hundreds of rental homes and condos from Sandy Hook all the way down to Cape May (including Belmar, Point Pleasant, Seaside Heights, Ocean City, Long Beach Island, Atlantic City or the Wildwoods). It’s a one-stop website for planning your Jersey Shore vacation, featuring beach information, weather updates and more! And of course, it has a full list of all the Jersey Shore events this year.