Last weekend was the best beach weekend of the year so far at the Jersey Shore, and we hope it’s just gonna get better. Here are some of the events you can enjoy at the Jersey Shore this weekend, June 13-15, 2014:
Saturday‘s highlights include:
- Ocean City Fireworks Display. 10:30pm off a barge at 9th Street beach will be in celebration of the Jeep Invasion event and Father’s Day weekend.
- Cape May Harbor Fest. A celebration of seafood and song; the sea, its culture, its economy and its ecology. Cape May’s harbor will provide the overall setting for Harbor Fest, while most land based activities will be held at or near the Nature Center.
- Atlantic Highlands Classic Car Show. Classic cars line 1st Ave, 10am-4pm.
- Seaside Heights Arts and Crafts by the Sea. 11am-7pm, on the Boardwalk between Dupont Ave and Blaine Ave. Annual event features over 40 artists and crafters, shopping day with the sights and sounds of the Jersey Shore in the background.
On Sunday, a few ways to celebrate Father’s Day:
- Long Branch 20th Annual Cruise to the Jersey Shore. Classic cars & live rock’n’roll featuring RB Express on The Great Lawn on the Boardwalk Promenade near Rooney’s, 11am-5pm.
- Morey’s Piers Father’s Day Celebration. Celebrate Father’s Day with the entire family in Wildwood. While there’s always fun for everyone at Morey’s Piers, Dad gets some extra TLC on the piers this day, with FREE admission to rides! 11am-5pm
- Curley Fry Festival. Morey’s Piers in Wildwood will bring their annual “Curley Fry Festival” to the boardwalk at Surfside Pier. Amateur eaters will compete to eat the most Curley Fries. Kids will also enjoy face painters and stilt walkers. Noon-2pm. Free admission
There are also a few weekend-long festivals:
- Belmar Seafood Festival. One of the largest seafood festivals in the nation. Great seafood, crafters, and live entertainment. Silver Lake Park. Friday 4-8pm, Saturday 11am-8pm, Sunday 11am-6pm
- Wildwoods Beach N Boat Fishing Challenge. First-ever mini fishing tournament of the Jersey Shore Beach N Boat Tournament. Will take place on the beaches, bays and ocean of Wildwood Crest, Wildwood and North Wildwood. FREE, you can have a ball and win your share of $8,000 in cash and prizes. Friday through Sunday!
- North Wildwood Mummers Brigade Weekend. Olde New Jersey Ave. Friday 7pm pub crawl. Saturday 3:30pm block party. Parade at 4:45pm, featuring ten brigades from this year’s New Year’s Day Parade in Philadelphia.
- Seaside Heights Sand Soccer Storm. Saturday and Sunday 9am-6pm, on the beach between Grant Ave & Dupont Ave. Over 400 sand soccer teams from the tri-state area will participate in sand soccer tournaments.
- Sea Isle City Skimmer Festival. Saturday craft&food vendors, live music, childrens activities, sand sculpting contest, 9am-4pm. Saturday evening concert at Excursion Park 8-10pm. Sunday admire scores of vintage vehicles while enjoying live music at the Auto Antique Car show on the promenade.
Finally, a few exciting concerts:
- Lynyrd Skynyrd at Stone Pony. Summer Stage, Saturday at 4pm in Asbury Park. Tickets: $45 in advance, $50 at the door
- Santana at Borgata in Atlantic City, Friday and Saturday from 8pm, Tickets Starting @ $75.
If you’re looking to rent a house at the shore, check out ShoreVacations.com, Jersey Shore’s biggest vacation rentals resource. It lists hundreds of rental homes and condos from Sandy Hook all the way down to Cape May (including Belmar, Point Pleasant, Seaside Heights, Ocean City, Long Beach Island, Atlantic City or the Wildwoods). It’s a one-stop website for planning your Jersey Shore vacation, featuring beach information, weather updates and more! And of course, it has a full list of all the Jersey Shore events this year