While we’re waiting for the awesome new wooden rollercoaster, here’s what’s new in 2013 at Morey’s Piers in Wildwood:
- Completely renovated Zoom Phloom attraction. The Zoom Phloom makeover endeavors to create a Morey’s Piers “Sea of Life” out of the existing rockwork and run outs on the ride. Our “Sea of Life” will feature hand carved seals, sharks, an octopus and more!
- NEW Adventure Pier Art Colony brings art to the Boardwalk. The art colony will be constructed out of repurposed shipping containers and will feature artist studios where local artists will be creating and showcasing their works of art. In addition to artist studios the Art Colony will also include a retail shop, gallery, and café.
- Our beloved Boat Tag attraction promises to deliver more boom, bang and pop this season. The new attraction will feature repurposed apache helicopters, new bombs, depth charges, a floating mine and more!.
- Guets will be able to seek relief from the heat under the new shade structures being installed throughout Mariner’s Landing Pier.
- Located throughout Mariner’s Landing and Surfside Pier are NEW interactive benches. While relaxing guests will be to learn more about Morey’s Piers history by using their smartphone to scan the QR codes featured on each bench.
- NEW for 2013 Morey’s Piers will take family fun to a whole new level, a digital level that is! Available FREE for iPhone and Android, guests will be able to download the app and compete for digital glory. Features will include leader-boards, badges, tracking capabilities, photo sharing and MORE!
- Joe’s Fish Co., located on 26th and the Boardwalk, will have a slightly new look this summer. A new roof will be added to the 2nd floor of the restaurant. Sprinkle in the air? No problem we have you covered, literally! Guests can visit Joe’s Fish Co. for savory seafood, brick oven pizza, craft beer, wine, margarita’s and more!
- Guests can drop anchor at the NEW Soggy Dollar Beach Bar located at Ocean Oasis Waterpark. Belly up to the bar and get soggy with a wide selection of lively libations with a local flair. The Soggy Dollar Beach Bar is easily accessible from the beach or boardwalk so soak up some sun, a couple of suds, and get your grub on at the Soggy Dollar.
- I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice scream! Soft serve ice cream is making a debut at Morey’s Piers Beachfront Wateparks this summer. At Raging Waters Waterpark guests can also enjoy a flavorful River Float, our take on the classic Root Beer Float, as they cruise around the River Adventure.
If you’re looking to rent a house at the shore, check out ShoreVacations.com, Jersey Shore’s biggest vacation rentals resource. It lists hundreds of rental homes and condos from Sandy Hook all the way down to Cape May (including Belmar, Point Pleasant, Seaside Heights, Ocean City, Long Beach Island, Atlantic City or the Wildwoods). It’s a one-stop website for planning your Jersey Shore vacation, featuring beach information, weather updates and more! And of course, it has a full list of all the Jersey Shore events this year.