It’s almost time to show your green and enjoy one of the great St. Patrick’s Day Parades around the Jersey Shore. Everybody loves a parade, and we have something for everybody. Here’s a listing of the main St. Patty’s parades in 2015, courtesy of www.ShoreVacations.com:
March 1: Belmar kicks off the green season with one of the largest St Patty’s Day parades in New Jersey, starting at 12:30pm on Main St, with big after party outside at Bar A.
The following weekend we have more exciting parades at the shore:
- March 7: Seaside Heights‘s 31st Annual St Patrick’s Day Parade, where the luck of the Irish is bound to smile upon you. Join the enthusiastic crowds on the Boulevard for a fun-filled Irish parade with bands, floats, and marchers, and a street celebration where everyone is Irish.
- March 8: Rumson at 1pm. Come see eight bag pipe bands, floats, marching bands, Irish Step dancers, antique and classic cars. Phil Murphy will be Grand Marshall.
- March 8: Asbury Park at 1pm. Asbury’s 2nd Annual Parade will have marching bands, antique cars, floats & more. The parade route runs from the waterfront to Main St. with a reviewing stand on Cookman Ave. in Press Plaza.
On the celebratory weekend, there are 4 more parades:
- March 14: Atlantic City at 1pm. Marchers will travel on the world-famous Atlantic City Boardwalk to Albany Avenue. This year’s parade promises to be a festival of color, music and fun featuring marching bands from area high schools, string bands, Irish step dancers, bagpipers and floats.
- March 14: North Wildwood starts with ceremonies on the steps of City Hall (10th & Atlantic Avenues) at 11:30 am. Parade begins at noon and proceeds north on Atlantic Avenue to Olde New Jersey Avenue.
- March 14: Sea Isle City at 3:30pm. The annual Saint Patrick’s Day Parade is always a favorite, thanks to many shamrock-clad enthusiasts – and plenty “Wearin’ of the Green.”
- March 15: Freehold has a short parade on Main St. as Noon, organized by the Arts Council (FBAC).
Saturday, March 21 hosts the final two parades:
- Highlands at 2pm from Huddy Park, proceeding down Bay Ave, and it’s our favorite this year, since our Jersey Shore Vacations truck and float will participate!
- Keyport at 1pm ending on West Front Street.
If you’re looking to rent a house at the shore, check out ShoreVacations.com, Jersey Shore’s biggest vacation rentals resource. It lists hundreds of rental homes and condos from Sandy Hook all the way down to Cape May (including Belmar, Point Pleasant, Seaside Heights, Ocean City, Long Beach Island, Atlantic City or the Wildwoods). It’s a one-stop website for planning your Jersey Shore vacation, featuring beach information, weather updates and more! And of course, it has a full list of all the Jersey Shore events this year.