The summer season is officially over, but real summer keeps going at the Jersey Shore. Now it’s the time for lots of festivals and other fun events! Here’s what’s going on this upcoming weekend, September 6-8, 2013
One of the major festivals this weekend, running Friday till Sunday, is the Asbury Park Oysterfest 2013 at The Carousel on the Water (Ocean & Lake Avenues). It’s one of Asbury’s biggest free festivals, turning historic Cookman Avenue from downtown to the boardwalk into one long pedestrian mall. You can enjoy plenty of food, shopping and live music at this festival.
Other festivals running Saturday and Sunday are:
- Belmar San Gennaro Festival, on Main St. between 10th and 12th Ave, 11am-8pm. There will be food, fun, games and live entertainment.
- 8th Annual Irish Festival at the Waterfront Park in Ship Bottom (10th St. & Shore Ave.), with music, food and vendors, sponsored by the Ancient Order of Hibernanians.
- Tuckerton Seaport hosts the NJ Maritime Heritage Festival with classic wood and glass boat exhibitors, demonstrations, workshops, crafters, vendors, food, refreshments and maritime activities. 11am-4pm.
The other festivals of the weekend are:
- Sailfest 2013 on Saturday on River Ave in Island Heights at 10 am, with sailboat races, artists and crafters, amusement rides, live music, food vendors. Sponsored by the Toms River Rotary Club.
- 16th Annual Beach Plum Festival in the Island Beach State Park (Ocean beach bathing area #1) on Sunday, 9am-4pm. There will be beach plum picking and jelly making demo, arts & craft show, variety of food and live entertainment, children’s games, bird banding demo, environmental and non-profit exhibits.
- Seafood in Seaside Festival is on Sunday, between 10am-7pm on Grant Avenue, with Seafood vendors, artists, crafters and live entertainment.
For those of you who like cars and bikes, there are some big things coming up:
- Roar to the Shore Motorcycle Rally in Wildwood, from Thursday to Sunday, one of the largest motorcycle rallies in the Northeast. Daily vendors, live entertainment and activities surrounding the Wildwoods Convention Center and at Oak and Atlantic Ave.
- Saturday in North Wildwood it’s Dubs on the Boards, a laid back car show for all VW and Audi enthusiasts! This is a show for enthusiasts by enthusiasts, with fun for the whole family.
- Finally, Friday through Sunday Ocean City hosts a Street Rod Weekend, featuring classic cars on display on the boardwalk.
If you’re looking to rent a house at the shore, check out ShoreVacations.com, Jersey Shore’s biggest vacation rentals resource. It lists hundreds of rental homes and condos from Sandy Hook all the way down to Cape May (including Belmar, Point Pleasant, Seaside Heights, Ocean City, Long Beach Island, Atlantic City or the Wildwoods). It’s a one-stop website for planning your Jersey Shore vacation, featuring beach information, weather updates and more! And of course, it has a full list of all the Jersey Shore events this year.