Summer is finally here! Beaches and boardwalks have officially opened, so let’s take a look at some cool Jersey Shore events on the weekend of May 31-June 2, 2013:
Friday to Sunday runs the Riverfest: Three days of sun, sunsets and evening stars with the best Red Bank area restaurants. Non-stop music and family fun in the Marine Park.
Also all weekend it’s the Ocean City Flower Show. See beautiful commercial and amateur displays at the Music Pier, Fri 2pm-9pm, Sat 10am-9pm and Sun 10am-4pm.
Now for the other events of the weekend:
- Saturday, Point Pleasant hosts Summerfest in the Park. Enjoy five bands, a huge childrens section, mechanical rides and inflatables, face painting, sand art and more. Beer and wine diamond, 30 food vendors and 100 craft vendors. Bridge Ave & Beaver Dam Rd
- Sunday it’s the 2nd Annual Taste of Atlantic Highlands. Stroll down First Ave or take the trolley to other neighborhoods and sample food and drinks at local restaurants.
- Also Sunday, don’t miss the 16th Annual Barnegat Bay Festival. Ocean County’s major environmental festival held about the maritime heritage and Barnegat Bay with special emphasis on interactive family events. Also, demonstrations as well as exhibits by most of the area’s environmental organizations. 10am-4pm at the Wanamaker Complex.
On the sports scene, you have:
- Avon 5K. Avon Day 5K race on Saturday at 8:30am
- ShopRite LPGA Classic returns to Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club, bringing the best 144 female golfers in the world to the Jersey Shore with a $1.5 mil purse (May 27 – June 2)
And don’t forget about AP Vibe in the Streets which debuts on June 6. Downtown Asbury Park‘s Dine-in-the-streets summer series kicks off. Will be every Thursday in June, 5-9pm. Eat at the restaurants and outdoor cafes, enjoy a cool drink, support Move for Hunger and listen to The Reason Why.
If you’re looking to rent a house at the shore, check out ShoreVacations.com, Jersey Shore’s biggest vacation rentals resource. It lists hundreds of rental homes and condos from Sandy Hook all the way down to Cape May (including Belmar, Point Pleasant, Seaside Heights, Ocean City, Long Beach Island, Atlantic City or the Wildwoods). It’s a one-stop website for planning your Jersey Shore vacation, featuring beach information, weather updates and more! And of course, it has a full list of all the Jersey Shore events this year.