There are several yummy (and artsy) events at the shore this weekend of July 21-22, involving crabs, ice cream and fine arts.
Saturday, Toms River hosts two festivals:
- NJ State Ice Cream Festival, attracting Ice Cream shops and dairies from NJ & PA, the best way to beat the heat! 11:30am-5pm on Washington St.
- 35th Annual Wooden Boat Festival: Nautical vendors, marine artists, family boat building and model boat building for children. Food, games and boat rides. 9am-5pm in Huddy Park.
Also Saturday, there are two more events in the Wildwoods:
- NJ State Crab Festival at the Ice House Restaurant, 4415 Park Blvd, Wildwood, from noon to 10 pm. There will be “Crabby” fun for all ages: Entertainment, vendors and crabs cooked to order. Blue claw crabs, beer garden, crabby bloody marys, face painters, balloon designer, crab races for the kids and live outdoor entertainment.
- Christmas in July at 15th & Beach in North Wildwood, from 1pm. Santa will give out candy canes, with music and more fun.
Another great event this Saturday is the Point Pleasant Jazz & Blues Festival in Riverfront Park, Noon-8pm. There will be six great bands including: Billy Hector, Eryn Shewell & the Blackberry Blues Band! Also vendors, crafters, art, and above all, music! Featuring a stage for music, riverviews, a beer and wine garden.
There are also two artsy events this weekend:
- Saturday, Ocean City‘s Summer Festival of Fine Arts & Crafts at Carey Stadium and Civic Center just off the Boardwalk at 6th St, 10am-5pm. Over 250 juried crafters, artists, photographers and gourmet food specialists.
- Saturday and Sunday 23rd Annual Juried Arts&Crafts Festival in Loveladies: More than 150 fine artists and crafters in media including jewelry, wood, basketry, ceramics, photography, handmade clothing, fine painting and more.
Finally, Santana is playing Borgata in Atlantic City Friday and Saturday, 8pm each night.
If you’re looking to rent a house at the shore, check out ShoreVacations.com, Jersey Shore’s biggest vacation rentals resource. It lists hundreds of rental homes and condos from Sandy Hook all the way down to Cape May (including Belmar, Point Pleasant, Seaside Heights, Ocean City, Long Beach Island, Atlantic City or the Wildwoods). It’s a one-stop website for planning your Jersey Shore vacation, featuring beach information, weather updates and more! And of course, it has a full list of all the Jersey Shore events this year.